EPSON TM-T20II Split times

Questions & Answers, Tips & Tricks, Users help Users
nyvltak

EPSON TM-T20II Split times

Post by nyvltak »

Hi,

I would like to use EPSON TM-T20II for printing split times.

I have run into one problem.

1/ I have renamed the printer to EPSON TM-T88III Receipt. In configuration I have choose Print Split Times - TM-T88III. Using this setting if I read out badge, the split times are printed but the length of the printed receipt is exactly 2xA4!! I always get really long receipts. On the "second page" I get just one vertical short dark line on the left side of the paper. But the rest of the paper is empty. (like 90% of the paper!)

2/ If I do not rename my printer to EPSON TM-T88III Receipt but keep the original name EPSON TM-T20II, keep settings Print Split Times - TM-T88III and read out badge. I get a dialog that the printer EPSON TM-T88III Receipt is not available and if I want to use my default printer EPSON TM-T20II. If I choose Setup and set all the margins to zero then split times get printer correctly (=short results). But I got this dialog anytime I read out badge!!!

Paper size in printer setting is Roll Paper 80x3276 mm.

Does anyone has any hint how to solve this?

Thanks
Martin
mho
100+
100+

Re: EPSON TM-T20II Split times

Post by mho »

I cannot check right now, but the Epson TM x have an auto-cut option which prevents the paper waste..
You need to work out the right margin sizes for your model.
The reason for the renaming to TM-III is that HELGA needs a hardcoded name for the splits printer. I cannot do it differently.
rma
100+
100+

Re: EPSON TM-T20II Split times

Post by rma »

1) In the "printers" parameters of Windows, select your TM 200 and check the whole set of its parameters (including Receipt, cutting option, etc ...
2) adjust the margins to 0 as you did in Helga (the TM 200 will then choose the "lowest" possibility)

Update ans Save the printer with these parameters

Rename it as TM -T88III receipt

and start HELGA, with a first check in the Configuration - Test window

==============================================================
More generally : of course we don't have the possibility (... and the money) to test each "printer ticket" on the market. If you succeed using one specific printer with Helga, please document all datas via this forum (driver - parameters - margins - ...). For sure it will be useful for any Helga user !
"only solutions"
rma
100+
100+

Metapace T-25

Post by rma »

another approved (and cheap) printer for your ticket : clic :D
"only solutions"