File format entries

Questions & Answers, Tips & Tricks, Users help Users
JeroenH

File format entries

Post by JeroenH »

For hamok, we're working on an online entry system for national events. We want it to be able to export all hamok entries to Helga.

From OLCO, you can export an Excel-file. I tried to understand the format. You can find it at http://inschrijvingen.hamok.be/helgaentry . Some questions are marked up differently. Could someone take a look at it to see if it's correct (category codes...)?

No format changes planned for the next time?

Jeroen
mho
100+
100+

Post by mho »

If you want to analyse the full capacities of the XLS registration file, then I suggest that you try it from HELGA: create a new Event with type "Course Registration" and add any competition. You don't have to specify anything in Box, Course, Categories etc.
Then in the Person's screen, add a few registrations and play with the start time preferences (early, late, from-to, start group) and check what's the result in the Export file.

Your special questions:
- the ABSO runner code is 3 digits, and it's not in my power to change this... (for clubs who reached already 999, the holes after 100 are recycled)
- Category codes are from table Categories
- Parcours: if you send in registrations by Course, and not by Category (then it's a number 1-x) Don't know any race where this would apply now...
- PreferredTime: up to you to discover all the combinations ;-)
- and no format change planned!
JeroenH

Post by JeroenH »

I've got it pretty much working. There's only one issue:

When you choose "Aucun" for starttime preference in OLCO, the xls contains a 0, but when exporting from Helga, the same option gives a blank output. Also when importing, the 0 results in "Déterminé".

Which one is correct?
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

OL-CO was developped only for "non-Helga users" who wanted to send their inscriptions to a National event "as a file". It took around 10 years to reach this goal. :)

So the "main program" must remain HELGA, and in case of doubt HELGA's rules to be used. - I will examine this discrepancy you noted.
the ABSO runner code is 3 digits, and it's not in my power to change this... (for clubs who reached already 999, the holes after 100 are recycled)
Confirmation : since more than 3 years, the recycling of the holes is used (ASUB) - BVOS informed - and for 2006 and further, VVO will use the same procedure when KOL en OMEGA will reach this "999 limit".