Printer for Split Times

Questions & Answers, Tips & Tricks, Users help Users
mho
100+
100+

Printer for Split Times

Post by mho »

After some research we found out, that not only the special Epson TM-T88III printer can be used with HELGA for immediate printout of the split times when reading the badge in Finish, but any printer!
It is enough to create another printer connection to your favorite printer (HP Laserjet, Ink jet printer...) and call it EPSON TM-T88III Receipt.
Then HELGA will automatically direct the split times to this printer, without it being necessarily the default printer.
This is a convenient solution for those who do not have the Epson printer and still want to print the split times.
We still recommend the Epson printer because it is the fastest (no need to warm up).

PS. the recently added switch for Epson Parallel/USB has been removed for this reason
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

... to your favorite printer (HP Laserjet, Ink jet printer...) and call it EPSON TM-T88III Receipt.
also valid for a virtual PDF printer, so from now any possibility to test at home without an Epson to be connected, and even without paper consumption.
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

B.H. wrote :
We are thinking of buying a small printer for splittimes.
It looks like it will be hard to find the Epson TM888 III.
TM888 IV is the replacement, faster and more (optional) features.

Do you expect any problems with Helga? Any experience yet?
The above given explanations and tips remain valid ! Just rename
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

• hamok : Printer is working great and remarkable faster than the III. ...Downloading the driver is the most difficult, a very complicated proces.
  • OMEGA :Het is de TM-T88IV in USB uitvoering. En hij werkt zeeg goed. We hebben enkel de naam van de printerdriver aangepast zodat we geen aanpassingen aan Helga moesten doen.
The BEL clubs OMEGA and hamok confirm that the new model TM T 88IV, with an USB connexion works "perfectly" and much faster than the 88III.

Both applied the "renaming of the printer" to keep the Helga compatibility.
mho
100+
100+

Post by mho »

See also on Epson's website: specification and animations...
It can even print in two colors now; I wish we had the new model too ;-)
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

from the product datasheet from Epson
It also features ... and an optional annunciator to alert wait staff when kitchen orders are ready.
only to find the best transposition of this feature in HELGA :lol: :lol:
rma
100+
100+

Re: Epson Printer for Split Times

Post by rma »

... retour au tout début de ce sujet
... back to the top of this post
... terug naar het begin van deze post
... and call it EPSON TM-T88III Receipt.
Image : NOT OK :(
Image : OK !!!! :P
"only solutions"
pinquina

Re: Printer for Split Times

Post by pinquina »

What is the best printer to get that will best utilize ink? I am looking for a printer $50-$150 that will best utilize the ink cartridge that is uses. The current printer I have now is a EPSON NX100 and it eats up ink like no other. I just want a good printer that prints out the pages at a decent rate and does not require me to change out the ink every like half a month. Any suggestions?
Last edited by pinquina on Tue, 16. Aug 2011 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

in this topic, we are speaking about specific thermal printers for printing the splittimes tickets upon arrival of each competitor. The Epson's POS (Point of Sales) printers (like the ones used in any supermarket) are well suited for this purpose and their cost in BEL are +/- 300 euros. The last available model is the TM 88 V with a very fast speed (1.5 sec. for a ticket with 100 controls !!).

Another possibility (very often used in France) is the Citizen CTS 310, available for around 200 euros and a sufficient speed of 6 sec. for the same ticket.

N.B. : Prices are very depending on your country. You may also search via e-bay to get "second-hand material". But except for Epson and Citizen, we have no practical experience ... and we cannot test the whole market :wink:
==================
Besides this thermal printers, Helga offers always the possibility top print splittimes on a A4 laser or inkjet printer, ... the same as your "by default" printer. In this case you know (better than I) your speed and ink consumption.
"only solutions"
theweb

Post by theweb »

Hey Robert,

with your last message
The last available model is the TM 88 V with a very fast speed (1.5 sec. for a ticket with 100 controls !!).
you referred to the TM88V version. I assume that you therewith implicit said that this is also a suitable printer within Helga!?

As for connecting this USB printer the same instructions are valid as already explained I assume, esp. calling this printer "EPSON TM-T88III Receipt.".

Just want to be sure cause we plan to buy the V-serie!

Tnx and best regards,
Willy
Webmaster of http://www.borasca.info Borasca website.
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

YES - you install the model 88 V with its own set-up and driver and afterwards you rename the printer as III

N.B. FRSO (2 TM 88 V), KOL (1) , the O-BEL military are already using this equipment without any problem.
"only solutions"