Splitsbrowser - end or NEW life

Questions & Answers, Tips & Tricks, Users help Users
jover

Splitsbrowser - end or NEW life

Post by jover »

I can't see Split results (Splitsbrowser) anymore since about 3 years ago when Apple decided not to allow Java-Applets in the browser anymore by default (for a long time you could if you explicitly allowed your browser to run it, but... Java-Applets are eval and insecure).
However, more people are reporting problems with the Splitsbrowser. So it seems I'm not the only one with having trouble to view split results.
More and more people are buying Apple products (I guess there must be also a significant increase of visits with tablets, especially iPads).

In my opinion, Splitsbrowser is end of life, it has done it's job very well, but it should go on retirement.

Luckily, there may be an alternative in the future, which is built with modern web technologies and support for tablets.
It's work in progress (very very beta): http://staging.o-splits.jover.be/

I suggest, when this new O-splits results viewer reaches a state which can be considered stable, to use this instead of the old Splitsbrowser (maybe a fallback to Splitsbrowser can be built in).

Besides that, can I help you Helga-guys out with modernizing the results-portal, to make it more 21th century?
I think there's a lot of space for improvement.
Together with a switch to a new splits results viewer, we can maybe roll out a new and modern design for the normal results list.

Would be happy to help you out!
Jochen Verdeyen (développeur Web de VVO) | http://www.jover.be/
mho
100+
100+

Re: Splitsbrowser - end of life

Post by mho »

I know about the Java problem, although in Windows it still works, when you accept the security exception... I'm also investigating a possibility to include a certificate.
I'll be happy to use a different viewer when available, as long as I can install it on my server, is stable and provides a similar experience (tabular text view and graphics).
For the layout comments.. OK we are not professional web site designers, but at least it is fully compatible will all devices, isn't it? :wink:
alainmazy

Post by alainmazy »

There is a javascript only version of splitsbrowser currently in development.
It looks already very functional.

Give it a try:
http://www.splitsbrowser.org.uk/splitsg ... entId=7054
mho
100+
100+

Post by mho »

VERY cool, thanks for the info!! I will also test it with HELGA.
rma
100+
100+

Post by rma »

We have started the implementation of this new Javascript for SplitsBrowser and first results are visible with the 2 competitions of HERMATHENAE (15-16/03/2014) - see behind the "Info hint".

Some operations are still manual but results are promising. Stay tuned.
"only solutions"
mho
100+
100+

Post by mho »

We are pleased to announce that the Javascript version of SplitsBrowser has now become the Standard on Webres!
mho
100+
100+

Post by mho »

The language of the splitsbrowser windows follows the language of the organizer (currently supported EN, FR, NL, PT).
If you wish to open the window in another language, you can add the optional parameter &lang=xx to the URL.
For example http://www.helga-o.com/webres/splits/sp ... p?lauf=858&lang=NL
mho
100+
100+

Post by mho »

New Splitsbrowser version 3.2.7 installed: featuring German translation and possibility to create a direct LINK to any window selection.
rma
100+
100+

"New" Splitsbrowser

Post by rma »

Version 3.3 with an additional filter (e.g. on classes inside a graphic per course)

"only solutions"
rma
100+
100+

Re: Splitsbrowser - NEW life

Post by rma »

Version 3.3.1 with a selector for the language
SB_langage.jpg
SB_langage.jpg (20.94 KiB) Viewed 18741 times
This feature is an easier replacement of the hint "&lang=xx" stated above but this one remains active.
"only solutions"
rma
100+
100+

Re: Splitsbrowser - NEW life

Post by rma »

Version 3.3.5 : another new feature if you prefer tables to graphs : the best (and cumulative) splits of (after) each leg
"only solutions"
rma
100+
100+

Splitsbrowser - New for Relay

Post by rma »

Luke Woodward nous a communiqué l'évolution de SplitsBrowser permettant d'afficher le(s) graphique(s) d'une compétition RELAIS

Testé dans Helga - et intégré sur WebRes - et donc visible pour le BCR 2020

Bonne découverte

La prochaine version de Helga contiendra l'exportation directe du fichier nécessaire vers WebRes.

Avertissement : cette possibilité nécessite une gestion parfaite de HELGA-SPORTident. Toute anomalie de lecture de puce (*) conduira à un graphique erroné

(*) à titre d'exemple même le départ de masse de relayeurs attardés pose un problème graphique ! puisque dans la chronologie le coureur X+1 part avant que son équipier X ne soit arrivé. Actuellement, ces équipes parties en départs de masse sont retirées du graphique.

Nieuw 23/10 : NL versie geupdateerd
"only solutions"